Carrie partners with UCAN to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Title IX! Together with Linda Quirk, Dede Griesbauer, Maurelhena Walles, and Jane Vongvorachoti, the five ladies discuss how they got into running, how the passing of Title IX impacted them, not being afraid of trying something new, their hopes for women’s running in the next fifty years, and much more!
Recorded June 20, 2022
Caffeine and sugar highs don’t last a full workout. When you’re training, you need something that won’t spike your blood sugar and cause a crash. UCAN delivers steady, long-lasting energy without sugar and it’s easy on the stomach. Try the products that fuel Carrie and top U.S. distance runners Sara Hall, Emily Sisson and Emma Bates! Save 20% with code CARRIEUCAN by visiting UCAN.co!
– Ultra Marathoner
– 2019 – she completed the world marathon challenge – 7 marathons, on 7 continents in 7 days. She celebrated her 66th birthday crossing the finish line of that 2nd to last race
– 2013 – she completed two 135 mile ultra marathons and broke the badwater age group record, which had not been broken in 60 years
– 2010 – she become the first american women and oldest person in the world to compete racing the planet’s 4 desert grand slams
– 2008 ran 7 marathons on all 7 continents in 1 year
– 3x Ironman Champion
– 2020 – ultraman World Record Holder – winning the race outright and setting the world record.
– 2016 12-hour Time Trial World Champion where she set the course record of 258 miles, beating all of the men as well
– Currently the oldest professional triathlete still competing
– Commentator for Ironman events
Nationally ranked masters Track Athlete
– 4×400 Meter Relay Age Group World record holder
– National titles and American age group records in the 4×100, 4×200 and 4×400
– Has dedicated her professional life to creating healthier lives for underserved communities through physical activity
Olympian, Marathoner, coach
– 2016 Olympian for Thailand in the Marathon
– 2014 NYRR Runner of the Year for her age group
– 2015 10,000 Meter bronze medalist in Southeast Asian games
– Running coach and personal trainer