Carrie chats with Sarah Cummings, the 2021 JFK 50 Mile Champ! They talk about how missing an early turn in last year’s race added onto the mental pressures of this year’s race, overcoming injuries, the team aspect of ultramarathoning, finding a way to fit in all the training, and so much more.
Recorded December 20, 2021
Have you tried the new UCAN Edge? The first and only on-the-go training fuel powered by SuperStarch, Edge puts you in the ideal performance state by keeping blood sugar stable, so you can work smarter AND harder. Try what fuels Carrie’s training and gives her a long-lasting energy boost throughout the day. Save 20% on your order by visiting ucan.co/carrie and using code CARRIEUCAN.
Residence: New York, NY
Hometown: Newport Coast, CA
College: Princeton University
Affiliation: New York Athletic Club, Tracksmith
Marathon Best: 2:34:47
– Vice President, BlackRock
– 53rd in 2016 Trials
– Competed for Team USA at 2015 Pan Am Games and 2016 and 2019 World 50K Championships
– Finished in Top 10 in Chicago 2014 and at USATF Marathon Championships in 2013 and 2015
– In high school, was CA DIII State Cross Country Champion
– All-American and 4-time Ivy League Champion