Carrie chats with Jonathan Davis! Jonathan is currently the fastest US 1500m runner, having set a new personal best of 3:33 just after the World Championships. They chat about his recent contract signing with Adidas, joining the Atlanta Track Club, going for his CPA certification, making music, eating pizza (Chicago-style, of course), and much more!
Recorded August 19, 2022
Looking for another podcast while you wait for the next episode of C Tolle Run? Check out the Marathon Training Academy Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts!
Bio courtesy of Sir Walter Miler
5 Things About Jonathan Davis:
1. I’ve played guitar since 5th grade
2. My favorite food is unquestionably Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
3. I have 6 siblings, 4 brothers and 2 sisters
4. I competed for the University of Illinois for 6 years (undergrad – Finance, grad – Accountancy).
5. I recently make my first trip to Raleigh, NC to compete in the Sir Walter Miler
5 Fast Questions
1. What’s something people should add to their podcast queue? Sam Harris’ Making Sense Podcast
2. What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Premier League Soccer (rooting for Man City FC)
3. What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Kodiak Oatmeal
4. Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? My grandfather lives in Asheville, NC
5. One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… the use of split-screen Track & Field broadcasts which allow fans to watch distance races in their entirety.