Carrie chats with the legendary Jeff Galloway! They discuss why he likes helping people get into the sport of running, how he got into running, how to find the joy in the run, celebrating the wins of your training partners, living through the horrific massacre at the 1972 Munich Olympics, transitioning from a pro runner to a coach, and much more!
Recorded March 18, 2021
The new UCAN Energy + Protein is here! Try what fuels Carrie’s training and gives her a long-lasting energy boost throughout the day. Save 20% on your order by visiting ucan.co/carrie and using code CARRIE.
Lock in your Fourth of July weekend plans with the AJC Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta, GA! Registration is from now until May 1, 2021, and the race is being held in-person AND virtually this year!
JEFF GALLOWAY IS…
- A world-class athlete. As a member of the 1972 Olympic team, Jeff competed against the world’s best athletes in Europe, Africa, and the former Soviet Union. He broke the U.S. 10-mile record (47:49) in 1973 and has a six-mile best of 27:21. Among his victories are the Peachtree Road Race, Honolulu Marathon, and Atlanta Marathon. He has also been a top place finisher in many prominent U.S. races such as the Boston Marathon.
- Founder of the Jeff Galloway Training Programs.
- Coach to over 200,000 runners and walkers.
- Author of North America’s bestselling running books: Galloway’s Book on Running, Galloway Training Programs, The Run-Walk-Run Method, and other inspiring books.
- A motivational speaker giving over 200 talks per year across the country.
- An experienced race director having conducted over 500 fitness events, including the Annual Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk in Atlanta, GA.
- Race Director for the National Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer, the only marathon dedicated solely to raising funds for breast cancer research.
- The Official Training Consultant for the runDisney Series of Races.
- A founding member of the Florida Track Club with Jack Bacheler and Frank Shorter.