Carrie chats with Roberta Groner, a mother of three who ran a 2:29 marathon at the age of 41! They talk about Roberta’s amazing story, how she’s able to balance her career as a nurse with her passion for running, and her goal of going after the Master’s American record in the marathon.
Recorded May 21, 2019
Photo by run_ix
The NYRR New York Mini 10k – a race just for women!
Check out UCAN, the nutrition that fuels Carrie’s training and recovery! Save 15% + free shipping with code CTOLLERUN
Roberta Groner, 41, is a runner from Randolph, NJ. She runs for the New York Athletic Club. She is a life-long runner and had a notable career at St. Francis University, a division 1 program. She completed her RN and is now a nurse at Summit Medical Group in NJ. After a hiatus of 10 years, she took up running again focusing on longer distances. She is the mother of three boys.
– USATF National Masters 8K Championships: 1st place (26:48 ) PB
– Rotterdam Marathon: 5th place (2:29:06)PB and Olympic Standard
– United Airlines NYC Half: 12th place (1:15:14)
– USATF Half Marathon Championships: 7th (1:12:35)
– Ridgewood 10K: 1st place (33:31) PB and course record
– Lager run 5k: 1st place (16:10) PB
– Philadelphia Rock n Roll Half marathon: 3rd place (1:12:21) PB
– New York City Marathon: 12th overall, 1st master’s (2:31:01)
– 2018 notable acknowledgements: USATF Master’s Runner of the Year for age group 40-44, Fred Lebow Runner of the Year for NYRR, USATF-NY Athlete of the Year for Long Distance Running
Leave a Reply